So you’ve researched Young Living Oils and you want to get started with them! Great, you’re in the right place! has UPDATED their premium starter kit since I first joined (and wrote this article) so keep reading and I’ll tell you what’s NEW and better! (I’m totally jealous about the new kit!)
Here is How to Get Started with Young Living Essential Oils!
You may be asking, why out of all the other oil companies out there? Young Living sets the standard for purity and authenticity. Young Living has a “seed-to-seal” process that means they carefully monitor every step of the production of the oils from beginning to end, ensuring the purity of each essential oil and protecting nature’s living energy in every bottle. They also only bottle the oil from the first boil (distillation) of their plants. Meaning each bottle of oil is PURE with no additives (companies that use 2nd and 3rd boils often put additives in it which defeats the purpose of using natural oils!) Using only the first distillation means you get the most benefit from the oils and these are safe for diffusion, topical application and even ingestion (with the exception of a few that are not save to ingest). This unsurpassed commitment to quality means that you can be confident that Young Living essential oils are both safe and effective.
So what do you do? You can purchase Young Living therapeutic-grade essential oils in one of two ways: as a or via the . It’s your choice but is the best way to go! Wholesale Members get an amazing 24% discount off every product from Young Living. As a Young Living Wholesale Member you only have to agree to order a minimum of $50 per year. Just signing up and purchasing your starter kit completes your minimum requirement for the entire first year!
Wholesale Members can also be Independent Distributors. Which means if you wanted to you can share Young Living oils with friends and family in order to earn sales commissions and you can get promotional offers for free oils when you order. Is there a monthly order minimum? No.
Do I have to sell them? No.
If you want to sign up as a simply to enjoy 24% off retail prices then you can! The only requirement is to spend $50 per year to keep your wholesale status.
Okay, I want to be a Wholesale Member, now what?
To begin as a Wholesale Member, you simply start by purchasing the Premium Starter Kit. It’s a great value – over $300 worth of product – for $160. I’m going to note right here that if you do NOT want the Premium starter kit – you just want to buy individual oils, you will have to sign up as a retail customer and forgo the 24% discount. I can’t imagine why you would want to not get the discount or not get the premium starter kit! For example, your $160 starter kit contains a 5mL bottle of PanAway – which is normally $32.50 wholesale price (more for retail customers). Frankincense (on of my favorites) is included in a 5mL bottle in the starter kit. They 15mL bottles are $71.50 wholesale and they can’t keep them in stock – the starter kit is the only way to get it!
Here’s what’s in the NEW premium starter kit:
(Sometimes these items do change. This is the current kit as of August 2015)
- A 5 mL bottles of each of these 10 essential oils including: Lavender, Peppermint, Lemon, Copaiba, Frankincense, PanAway, R.C., Thieves, Purification, and DiGize.
- A Dewdrop Diffuser – a better diffuser than what was in the previous kit!
- 5 mL bottle of Stress Away
- Aroma Glide roller fitment (transform any oil into a roll on)
- 10 Sample Packets
- 10 Love It? Share It! Sample Business Cards
- 10 Love It? Share It! Sample Oil Bottles
- Two NingXia Red 2-oz. samples
- Product Guide and Product Price List
- Essential Oil Magazine
- Essential EdgeMember Resources
Here’s how to sign up for your premium starter kit:
1. Click over to the
2. Select “Sign Up As: Young Living Wholesale Member”
3. The “Enroller ID” and “Sponsor ID” boxes should already be auto-populated for you. (If for some reason it is not, enter 2324349 in both boxes)
4. Fill out your name, billing address, shipping address, and contact information. (The reason you are asked to list your social security number is for tax purposes. If you make over $600/year selling Young Living products, you will receive a 1099 form in the mail, as is required by law. Young Living will never share this info with anyone. If you don’t make $600/year from signups/sales you won’t receive a 1099. Remember, you do NOT have to sell to be a wholesale member)
5. Create your password and pin which you will use to log in to your account and order your oils. Write these down and put them in a safe place!
6. Select your enrollment order. This is where you can specify which starter kit you would like (this where you select Premium Starter Kit). You must sign up with one of these kits to become a Wholesale Member. To maintain your 24% discount you only need to spend $50 each subsequent year (remember your Premium Starter Kit counts as this year’s limit!) with Young Living on any product in their store.
At this step you can also purchase other items. If you purchase $190 in oils in one order you get that month’s free oil. Because the premium starter kit is SUCH a steal it only counts $100 towards your order value (even though you’re actually paying $160), so you would need to purchase another $90 in oils to get this month’s free oil.
7. Set up your *optional* Essential Rewards Program. Now don’t be confused by this next step. Buying one of the ER kits is not a requirement to sign up as a Wholesale Member! This is a rewards program you can opt into to start earning money back to help pay for your oils. At this point, you can skip this step by selecting “No, thank you. I plan on enrolling in the Essential Rewards Program later”. If one of the ER kits looks valuable to you then by all means get one in addition to your starter kit.
8. Agree to Terms & Conditions.
9. CONFIRM YOUR ORDER. Don’t miss this step and end up not fully checking out! To confirm, the tool will log you in and it will show you your order again and it will make you enter in your payment information again.
That’s it! Happy oiling!
Have questions? Use the contact form to reach me!
Are you an oil user or skeptic? I would love to hear from you! Feel free to comment below!
This post is not to be used as medical advice as I am not a physician, nor do I pretend to be one. Please consult with your physician with any concerns prior to using any kind of natural remedy or supplement.